The District Rural Development Agency, Angul came into existence w.e.f. 02-07-1993 and is Registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (No.XXI of 1860) bearing the Registration No. AGL-2-2/1993-94
The DRDA is the principal organization at the district level to manage and oversee the implementation of different anti-poverty programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development. It is a supporting ,facilitating & monitoring organization which plays a very effective role as a catalyst in development process. Other objectives of DRDA are:
1. To work as facilitator and supporting organization to the Zilla Parishads, providing necessary education and technical support in respect of different poverty reduction efforts.
2. To interact effectively with various other agencies and co-ordinate with the line Departments, PRIs, Banks and their Financial institutions as well as Technical institutions with a view to gather support and resources required for poverty reduction effort in the District.
3. To co-ordinate effectively with PRIs with a view to upgrade their understanding about handling of various programmes facilitating the PRIs to discharge their duties as a vibrant tool of socio-economic transformation of village community.
4. To keep the Zilla Parishads, State and Centre duly informed of the implementation of the programmes through periodic reports.
5. To oversee and ensure that the benefits specially earmarked for certain target groups (SC/ST, women and disabled) reach out to them quite timely.
6. To take necessary steps to improve awareness regarding Rural Development and poverty alleviation particularly among rural people by sensitizing different functionaries in the District about different aspects of poverty alleviation programmes.
7. Taking steps for convergence of all activities undertaken by different line Departments tailored for benefits of the village community.
8. To undertake steps necessary and expedient for the smooth implementation of the various anti-poverty programmes and for devising ways for ensuring the benefits optimally reaching out to the ultimate beneficiaries.
9. Actual execution of programmes is done by the Blocks & Line Departments and the DRDA’s role is to facilitate the implementation of the programmes, to supervise/oversee and monitor the progress, to receive and allocate the fund to different executing agencies, to submit the progress reports to Government.
DRDA is to develop the capacity to build synergies among different agencies involved, for the most effective results. The Governing Body District Rural Development Agency, Angul has been functioning under the Chairmanship of President, Zilla Parishad, Angul and other members.
The Governing Body is providing policy directions & advisory notes, approving Annual action Plans, reviewing from time to time physical & financial progress under different Schemes implemented through DRDA .The Collector-cum-Chief Executive Officer provides effective leadership & guidance to PD, DRDA & other team members for successful planning, execution & monitoring of different schemes & programmes. PD, DRDA shoulders the responsibility of proper & timely planning & ensures achievement of desired goals under the Schemes.
Programmes & Schemes implemented through DRDA:
1. Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme( MGNREGS)
2. Pradhamantri Awas Yojana ( PMAY-G)
3. Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana ( BPGY)
4. Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana ( BPGY- Mining)
5. Nirman Sharmik Pucca Ghar Yojana ( NSPGY)
6. DAY-National Rural Livelihood Mission(NRLM)
8. Gopabandhu Grameen Jojana ( GGY)
9. 14th Central Finance Commission Award
10. 4th State Finance commission Award
11. Ama Gaon Ama Bikash
Different Section of DRDA & its in-charge
Administration – Addl PD ( Admn)
Technical- Addl PD (Technical)
Monitoring & Evaluation – APD ( MIS)
Finance – Asst. PD(Finance)
e-Governance – Programme Officer
Wage Employment (MGNREGS) – MGNREGS Coordinator
Rural Housing – APD (Rural Housing)
OLM DPM-OLM – APD (Livelihood)
Capacity Building – APD ( Skill development)
Name of the Block Development Office & Contact detail
Name of the Block Contact Number E -mail
BDO Angul 06764-230579 ori-bangul[at]nic.in
BDO, Athmallik 06763-254217 ori-athamalik[at]nic.in
BDO, Banarpal 06764-229222 ori-banarpal[at]nic.in
BDO, Chhedipada 06764-252323 ori-chedipada[at]nic.in
BDO, Kishorenagar 06763-257019 ori-kishorenagar[at]nic.in
BDO, Kaniha 06760-243522 ori-kanhia[at]nic.in
BDO, Pallahara 06765-279233 ori-pallahara[at]nic.in
BDO, Talcher 06760-240209 ori-talcher[at]nic.in
PORJECT DIRECTOR, DRDA ANGUL