Angul District Collectorate Building
The present building of Collectorate, Angul is having historical importance. Collector's Office is functioning here since last 1.4.1993 after Angul District was created. It was constructed during the British rule. Before formation of the district, it was totally used as Angul Sub-Collector's Office. Now also in one portion Sub-Collector's office is functioning. The plan of this historical building was designed by the then P.W.D. Ex. Engineer Major Furry in the year 1909. The construction work started is the year 1911 and completed on 1913 with an estimated cost of Rs. 92,000/. The sand stone floor tiles hard been brought form Tarava sand mines which is under Jarapada Police Station. At that time 1908 Mr. M.C. Leod Smith Esquare was working as District Officer at Angul District.